Monday, December 9, 2013

Nail Art Review.-Curved Rhinestone Bows from The Born Pretty Store.

Hi friends!

I deserve a slap for neglecting my blog for so many months! 2013 has been a rough year for me mentally and physically, but I'm trying my best to throw myself back into the world. New year, new start, right? I have been jotting down ideas for posts over the past couple of months though, so stay tuned for lots of fun things!

Anyways! Enough about me! Let's get to the fun stuff!

I want to talk to you about a product that I received (roughly 4 months ago) from an online nail art supply shop called The Born Pretty Store. These are their 'Silver Crystal Bow Knots'.


They come in packages of 10 for $5.99. (The site always provides free worldwide shipping on orders)


As you can see, they're slightly curved, which is FANtastic!

There are so many cute bow charms out there for purchase, but the majority of them are flat, so the edges stick off of the nail on both sides. I can't tell you how many times I've seen girls sporting adorable bow manis, only to think 'how the heck does that bow not snag on things?!' Don't get me wrong, they're adorable for photo purposes, but not suitable for those of us who want to wear a 'comfortable' mani. (I can't imagine those surviving through housework.) If you can make them last, please tell me your secret!



Each of these bows has 19 tiny rhinestones embedded in a metal setting.




I have used these bows a total of 3 times since I received them. Each time falling so in love with how they accentuate a manicure.



This was the first manicure I created using these bows. I used Shell-O by China & some swarovski gem stones to complete this mani.  You can really see how nice and flat it lays on my nail here. A few of the bows in the package had a gem stone or 2 that were raised or a tad out of place, but its nothing too noticeable at average distance. I applied topcoat to adhere the bow & then i applied more topcoat just around the edges to help seal it on. Believe it or not, this manicure lasted me 1 full week & when I went to remove it, I had to literally soak my finger in acetone for 1 minute until the bow would remove. I was very impressed by its resistance!



The second manicure i created lasted equally as long. I feel like having the base of your nail exposed when wearing these bows really accentuates the look, it also looks more delicate than having the entire nail painted.  For this look, I used Shower Together by China Glaze, Snow Me White by Sinful Colors & a loose silver glitter from www.snookisofficicialtwin.net.




Lastly, I used the beautiful Wrapped In Red made by Lumina Lacquer, Did You Ear About Van-Gogh? by opi, black acrylic paint & some swarovski gem stones to create this manicure. 
I didn't keep this mani on very long because I was swatching other polishes, but I may recreate something similar to wear over the holidays! They look fabulous on red!





After I removed each bow, I used a q-tip & some acetone to clean up around the back and sides & voila! They're reusable! 
I will most definitely keep on using these beauties. Its such a quick & easy way to bling up any manicure. What more could a girl ask for? lol.


I hope everyone is having a fantastic Decmeber! I'll be back soon with another post! 

Comment below & let me know what you'd like to see from me in the future! I'd love to hear your feedback.!

xo-Jessie



2 comments:

  1. Привет! Мне бы хотелось открыть салон парикмахерскую. У кого-то из читательниц есть опыт в этом? Очень большой выбор оборудования для салонов красоты. Кто может помочь советом? Какой магазин лучше выбрать для то чтобы купить Лосьон для загара и это Портативные косметологические аппараты. Я выбираю среди этих магазинов Spashop.com.ua, Venko.com.ua, Newfacebeauty.pl, Ukrmedgarant.com.ua.

    ReplyDelete